Become part of a highly trained team of volunteer professionals by joining the Sound Beach Volunteer Fire Department. Volunteers play a critical part in the mitigation of emergencies, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There also are evening and weekend opportunities.
In cooperation with the Greenwich Fire Department, Sound Beach members receive the following incentives for their selfless dedication:
- Free training
- Training stipends
- Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Opportunities for advancement to higher ranks within the department
- Paid fire watch for town and private functions
- Property tax savings of up to $1,000 (Home or Auto)
- Reimbursement of $7.50 per emergency response to account for fuel usage and wear and tear on your personal vehicle
Incentives for Business Owners
The Sound Beach Volunteer Fire Department is extremely grateful to the local businesses that support volunteerism. Unfortunately, emergencies often do not wait until after business hours. Many times Sound Beach members must leave in the middle of a busy day or during dinner to answer a call for service. We understand that this is sometimes frustrating and disruptive but your support is greatly appreciated. It is through the support of the community, including businesses, that Sound Beach can continue to provide the highest level of professional service while saving the tax payers of Greenwich a considerable amount of money.
Businesses that encourage their employees to volunteer at Sound Beach benefit by:
- Having trained emergency response personnel on-site
- Being able to promote volunteerism and how the business is providing support to the community
- Employees that are active volunteers can take advantage of health and life insurance
- Much more!